- Do you have a minimum night stay?
- Our policy is that for weekends you stay for two nights and bank holidays three nights. This is to keep disturbance to a minimum and ensure that everyone has a fair choice of pitches when they arrive on Friday. However we may waive this requirement for weekends on certain campsites and at certain time of the year
- Why is camping unplugged more expensive than other campsites?
- Firstly we provide much more space for you to camp in than most other campsites. We do not define pitches and only request that you abide by the requests of campsite management in selecting your pitch.
Secondly Camping Unplugged sites are situated in the Home Counties where the rents we have to pay are much higher than more rurally located sites.
Finally, most popular campsites charge for individual items, at Camping Unplugged the price you pay covers everything, there will be no additional charges for extra cars, dogs, gazebos or use of facilities. This means once you have checked in, you can relax and enjoy getting back to nature! The price ensures you have a pitch in untouched countryside, woodlands or field.
- Can I pay by card?
- At our three established sites (White Meadow, Inwood and Abbotstone
Wood) we have the facility to take card payments, but all other sites request that any
payments are made in cash. Alternatively you can pay in full via our website using
PayPal prior to arrival.
- Do I need to pay a deposit?
- All bookings require a 50% deposit and all group bookings need to be paid 28 days before arrival. This is because we have to reserve large pitches for the group and we cannot easily fill these without sufficient notice given that large groups book well in advance!
For individual bookings we are charging a 50% deposit on confirmation, to be paid within 5 days of the booking and the remaining 50% on arrival.
- What is your refund policy?
- Deposits are refundable if you cancel before 28 days of your arrival date. We charge a 10% administration fee on the amount refunded and the refund will be issued via PayPal. There will be no refund in any circumstances if you cancel within 28 days of your arrival.
For group bookings deposits are refundable with 90 days notice. Once the full amount has been paid, no refunds will be issued. This reflects the fact that group spaces are likely to be sold out well in advance of the arrival date and it is difficult to resell group spaces.
- What do I do if my friends only want to stay one night of a weekend or two nights of a bank holiday?
- If you are booking for a weekend or a Bank Holiday we assume that you will require the space to encompass everyone for the whole duration of your stay. Therefore we must insist that everyone in the group pays for the whole duration of the stay. If you are booking during the week including school holidays we can be much more flexible with regard to who stays for what period. For weekday stays it is not necessary to book as a group and each family can book individually. We can normally ensure that you can all camp together during the week.